A Summary of 2012 – Welcome New Year!
I saw these questions on my Tumblr Dashboard and decided that since I haven’t posted a blog entry in MONTHS, I will share these answers with you!
- 1: What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
A bunch! Directed a full length musical theater production, WENT TO HARRY POTTER WORLD (AND HAD BUTTERBEER!!!), Graduated from University, moved to New York City… Big things!
- 2: Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
To be honest, I don’t remember my new years resolutions last year. One of them was to lose weight and exercise more and I DID do this at the beginning of the year but after I graduated things went downhill. I did move to NY though and even though that wasn’t a New Year’s resolution it certainly was a life goal so that counts, right? And to the second part of the question the answer is Yes! I am planning to organize my finances in this New Year. And get fit. Watch out.
- 3: Did anyone close to you give birth?
Several friends and family members of mine did leaving me with new cousins and second cousins and cousins thrice removed
- 4: Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, not this year.
- 5: What countries did you visit?
Just the U S of A
- 6: What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Organization, Possibly a *romantic relationship* [Oooooo], and the development of a solid acting career.
- 7: What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 2 (GBD), March 9-18 (Spring Break!!) , April 5-7 (Rocky Horror!!), July 4 (personal), May 5 (Graduation/Mama’s 53rd Birthday), August 26 (Move to NY!)
- 8: What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I have several great achievements that I’ve mentioned already. 1) Directing Rocky Horror! 2) Graduation from Miami University! 3) Move to NY!
- 9: What was your biggest failure?
This is going to sound stupid and girly but … If there is one area in my life that I’ve failed in, it is my love life. Womp.
- 10: Did you suffer illness or injury?
I wasn’t sick very much in 2012. In fact, in my most stressful semester of my life, I wasn’t sick ONCE! However I have had several colds and the stomach flu in the past 3 months so I guess that makes up for it…
- 11: What was the best thing you bought?
This is a tough question! Oh, wait… I bought an IPhone so yeah, that.
- 12: Whose behaviour merited celebration?
All of my friends especially my housemates past and present!!
- 13: Whose behaviour made you appalled?
I certainly can’t say on here now, can I?
- 14: Where did most of your money go?
MOVING TO NEW YORK CITY: RENT. TRANSPORTATION. DEPOSITS. Oh and I got an Iphone and a Tablet… those were pretty expensive.
- 15: What did you get really, really, really excited about?
EVERYTHING. Harry Potter World, Graduation… Moving! Being with old friends! Seeing live theater! Meeting new people! I got SUPER Excited when Miami’s musicians came to play at Carnegie Hall… that was AWESOME!
- 16: What song will always remind you of 2012?
We Are Young – Fun.
- 17: Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
Well, I think I am happier. I am about the same size and amount rich as I was this time last year.
- 18: What do you wish you’d done more of?
Networking and possibly just being more “out there”
- 19: What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spending, but we all say that don’t we?
- 20: How did you spend Christmas?
Back home in Cincinnati with my family and besties!
- 21: Did you fall in love in 2012?
I fell in love with my Rocky cast, does that count?
- 22: What was your favourite TV program?
- 23: Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word but YES.
- 24: What was the best book you read?
I just finished Casual Vacancy so I can safely say it was my best read of 2012! JK ROWLING IS MY QUEEN.
- 25: What was your greatest musical discovery?
ED. Muthafrickin’ SHEERAN. (Technically discovered him before 2012 but I didn’t get his album until the summer)
- 26: What did you want and get?
I really just wanted to be happier. And I am so YAY!
- 27: What did you want and not get?
Well, at the time, I never wanted to graduate and I didn’t want the real world and I wanted to have college social life forever. However, that’s not what I want anymore.
- 28: What was your favourite film of this year?
….. Oh my gosh… this is the first time I haven’t been able to answer this question with “Harry Potter”… Oh no… I’m crying.
I’ll have to say… a tie between Moonrise Kingdom and Silver Linings Playbook. I also haven’t seen Django Unchained yet so that could be up there as well.
- 29: What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Someone I know being put where they belong. And that’s all I’ll say about that.
- 30: How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Ummmm, AWESOME. In the way that I know no one else would dare wear what I do in public. Slash I don’t have a fashion concept?
- 31: What kept you sane?
Who says I’m sane?
- 32: Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Always Rupert Grint.
- 33: What political issue stirred you the most?
The entire election stirred me. However to be specific, women’s rights over their own bodies had me the most shaken, not stirred.
- 34: Who did you miss?
My family once I moved (mostly my puppy Draco… and now that I’ve met them, Luna and Miami)
- 35: Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
No matter how hard things get, if you let things bury you, you will get buried. But if you keep a positive, uplifting attitude, you motivate yourself to do something about your problems rather than wallow in your own self pity. However, it is also okay to wallow sometimes.
- 36: Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
The ENTIRE song “Be Calm” by Fun. sums up my year:
As I walk through the streets of my new city my back feeling much better, I suppose I’ve reclaimed the use of my imagination for better or for worse, I’ve yet to know, but I always knew you’d be the one to understand me, I guess that’s why it took so long to get things right. Suddenly I’m lost On my street On my block Oh why, Oh why Oh why haven’t you been there for me? Can’t you see, I’m losing my mind this time? This time I think it’s for real, I can see All the tree tops turning red The beggars near bodegas grin at me I think they want something I close my eyes, I tell myself to breathe and be calm. Be calm. I know you feel like you are breaking down. I know that it gets so hard sometimes. Be calm. I’m scared that everyone is out to get me. “These days before you speak to me you pause.” “I always see you looking out your window.” “After all, you lost your band, you left your mom. Now every single crack every penny that I pass, says I should either leave or pick it up But with every single buck I’ve made I’m saddled with bad luck that came the moment I was baptized or when I found out one day I’m gonna die if only I could find my people or my place in life and when they came a’carolin’ so loud, so bright, the theremin will lead us to a chorus where we’ll all rejoice and sing a song that goes: Oh be calm. Be calm. I know you feel like you are breaking down. I know that it gets so hard sometimes, Be calm. Take it from me, I’ve been there a thousand times. You hate your pulse because it thinks you’re still alive and everything’s wrong It just gets so hard sometimes Be calm. I don’t remember much that night, Just walking, thinking fondly of you Thinking how the worst is yet to come When from that street corner came a song And I can’t remember the man, the panhandler or his melody. The words exchanged had far exceeded any change I’d given thee. Oh be calm, be calm. I know you feel like you are breaking down. Oh I know that it gets so hard sometimes, Be calm. Take it from me, I’ve been there a thousand times. You hate your pulse because it still thinks you’re alive and everything’s wrong It just gets so hard sometimes Be calm, be calm.